AchenseeCard – the region’s free visitor card
Pick up your AchenseeCard and enjoy fabulous experiences in your holidays at Lake Achensee! The AchenseeCard is a free visitor card which you receive from your accommodation provider upon arrival. Take advantage of many offers and discounts in the Achensee region and beyond. Plus: With the AchenseeCard you can purchase the Achensee Holiday Card which allows you to explore the best of Lake Achensee at a very favourable inclusive price.
Good to know
- Validity of the AchenseeCard: Visitors can take advantage of the AchenseeCard at the regular seasonal opening times of businesses and attractions.
- AchenseeCard goes digital: The AchenseeCard is now also available as a digital visitor card (MobileCard). Many accommodation providers in the Achensee region already send the AchenseeCard directly to your smartphone. This is not only convenient - together we also help the environment by saving paper.
Free inclusive services and attractions in the Achensee region
The AchenseeCard is your free bus ticket for the regional buses. Just show it to the driver when you get on the bus and you can start exploring the region.
Lake surfing and internet surfing – Lake Achensee has both! Just log into the free Wi-Fi and get daily updated information on upcoming events, activity tips, the weather forecast and more!
The Achensee children's programme offers a huge range of fabulous excursions and adventures. There are also activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Herb walks, tours through the Nature Park Karwendel and exhilarating summit victories: The Achensee region’s guided hiking programme offers you a chance to explore the mountains with local guides who will share lots of interesting information about your holiday destination, its history, and its peculiarities.
Located in the middle of nature, the innovative architecture of the visitor centre is certainly an eye-catcher. In the museum, you can delve into the history and peculiarities of the Nature Park Karwendel, which is Austria’s largest nature park.
The public bus takes visitors from Lake Achensee to the train station in Jenbach. From here, the sightseeing bus travels to the silver town of Schwaz and also to numerous sights in the vicinity. Follow this link for the bus timetable.
The cross-country ski trails in Achenkirch, Maurach, Steinberg and Wiesing are free for use, no AchenseeCard is required. The use of the cross-country skiing trails in Pertisau is generally subject to a charge. The AchenseeCard (visitor card which you receive from your accommodation provider) allows free use of all cross-country ski tracks in Pertisau.
Discounted entries/experiences in the Achensee region and beyond
- Karwendel cable car: in summer ascent and descent, in winter ascent and descent for non-skiers
- Rofan cable car: in summer ascent and descent, in winter ascent and descent for non-skiers
- Atoll Achensee (save 10% on ticket prices all year round for the Panorama-BAD, Penthouse-SPA or SEE-BAD and on combination tickets for the Panorama-BAD & Penthouse-SPA)
- Local history museum Heimatmuseum Achental - Sixenhof (all year)
- Visitor centre Tiroler Steinöl Vitalberg (all year)
- Liebes Caroline ****Hotel: ValoJump - interactive trampoline (all year)
- Naturopathy heilpraxis Gitta Klose (all year)
- Day spa at s'Acherl (all year)
- Adventure Park Achensee (according to seasonal opening times)
- Achenseeschifffahrt (according to timetables, closed in winter)
- Bathing beach Achenkirch north (summer season)
- Discount on various sports equipment at Busslehner Sports
- Tandem paragliding flights for families at Fly Achensee (summer season)
- Toll road into the Karwendel valleys (closed in winter)
- Posthotel Alpengolf Achenkirch 20% greenfee discount, summer season)
- Sailing school Schwaiger (summer season)
- Bike rentals at Sport Wörndle (discounts for rentals of 3 days and more, summer season)