Directions to Lake Achensee
Travel stress-free and make the journey part of your holidays. Whatever your mode of transport, we are easy to get to. Read our advice on how to get to Lake Achensee, by train and bus, by car, or by plane. Your holidays start now!
Travelling by train and bus/taxi
Looking for an environmentally friendly way to travel to Lake Achensee? Follow the link below for more information.
Take the motorway A12 (toll sticker required), exit at Wiesing/Achensee and follow the Achensee federal road B181 until you reach Maurach after 7 kilometres. From there, follow the directions to Pertisau or continue your journey along Lake Achensee to Achenkirch and Steinberg am Rofan.
Toll-free journey via the Achenpass: From Munich, take the motorway and exit at Holzkirchen, continue via Tegernsee and Achenpass or via Bad Tölz to the national border. Follow the road to Achenkirch. Turn left to Steinberg am Rofan or continue to Maurach, Pertisau, and Wiesing in the Inntal valley.
- Airport Innsbruck (INN): The airport Innsbruck is a 45-minute drive from the Achensee region. Direct flights are available from Vienna and Frankfurt.
- Airport Munich (MUC): The airport Munich is a two-hour drive from the Achensee region, serving as an international aviation hub for many large cities.
- Airport Salzburg (SZG): The airport Salzburg is a 1.5-hour drive from the Achensee region, offering flights between various large cities in Germany, Switzerland, France, Great Britain, Italy, and the Netherlands.
You can pre-book transfers to and from the airport Innsbruck at:
- Taxi Kröll in Maurach, Tel. +43(5243)43280, www.taxikroell.com
- Airport transfer service Four Seasons Travel (Tel. +43(512)584157, www.tirol-taxi.at. Four Seasons Travel also offers transfers from and to the airports Salzburg and Munich.