Achensee holiday card
Make great savings and explore the very best of Lake Achensee with the Achensee Holiday Card: Ride to the top of the mountains with the Karwendel and Rofan cable cars, cruise the lake onboard the Achensee ships, and immerse yourself in the fascinating world of art and culture at the region’s diverse museums. The Achensee Holiday Card begins the first day it is scanned and is valid for the next seven days, giving you a fantastic all-round experience.
The card allows unlimited use of the Karwendel cable car and the Rofan cable car, which take hikers and sun worshippers swiftly and effortlessly up the mountains. From the top, visitors can explore the beautiful scenery of the Rofan mountains or the Nature Park Karwendel. Achensee Holiday Card holders who use the Rofan cable car receive a free parking ticket at the ticket window!
Take advantage of the Achensee ships as often as you like. Cruise Tirol’s largest lake to your heart's content, add a crossing to your circular hiking tour around Lake Achensee – just as you like. Combine your experience with a ride on the historical Achensee steam cog railway.
Notice Achensee steam cog railway: Please show your Achensee Holiday Card to the conductors before boarding the train.
Art and culture enthusiasts enjoy free entry to a range of museums and exhibitions in the region and beyond, including the Achensee Museum World, the Notburga Museum in Maurach, the Tiroler Steinöl Vitalberg in Pertisau, and of course the local history museum Sixenhof in Achenkirch.
The Swarovski Crystal Worlds boast a large number of chambers of wonder that host precious items and works of art, and a fascinating garden. The play tower and playground keep children of all ages entertained.
Good to know
- How much is the card? The Achensee Holiday Card gives you a fantastic all-round experience at an all-inclusive price of EUR 89.00. Children born between 2008 and 2016 and accompanied by an adult pay EUR 44.50. Children from year of birth 2017 can accompany you for free when travelling with a parent/close relative with a valid Achensee Holiday Card.
- Where can you buy the card? The Achensee Holiday Card can be purchased at any of the selling points listed below from 29 April until 27 October 2023. The last validity period ends on 29 October 2023. The Achensee Holiday Card can only be purchased with a valid AchenseeCard which is issued to all guests staying overnight by their accommodation providers.
- Selling points of the Achensee Holiday Card:
- Valley station of the Rofanseil cable car
- Valley station of the Karwendel cable car
- Welcome-CENTER Achensee in Maurach
- Information offices in Achenkirch, Pertisau and Wiesing
- Many accommodation providers in the Achensee holiday region
- The fine print: The Achensee Holiday Card is only valid during regular opening hours and for regular timetables (event and night cruises are not included). At some facilities additional costs may apply for the transport of sports equipment and dogs (only with secure muzzle). Prices and transport conditions of the respective businesses apply.