Sustainable & responsible at Lake Achensee
Lake Achensee is a tourist destination committed to respectful and sustainable behaviour in nature. For over 15 years, implementing sustainable practices and environmental protection have been an essential part of Achensee Tourism's offer and product development. The revival of the Karwendelmarsch, projects such as the avalanche educational trail in the Rofan mountains, the golden eagle hike, the barefoot hike and all other nature-focused and awareness raising events and experiences are examples of how our region wants to lead the way.
Responsible tourism at Lake Achensee
We all need to be respectful of the mountains, the lake and the valleys to preserve the high-quality Tirolean summer destination at Lake Achensee for future generations. To make this possible, we already take all the necessary steps today.
- Connecting our visitors with the beautiful natural environment of the mountains and the lake.
- Ensuring the preservation of our natural environment.
- Conveying an understanding of a responsible visitor code of conduct in the mountains, with a focus on safety, proper waste disposal and protection of wildlife.
- Enabling sustainable tourism in a natural environment.
What does responsible tourism mean for us?
- Travelling as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Experiencing unspoilt natural landscapes.
- Creating a meaningful connection with the locals and learning about their culture and history.
Let’s make a joint effort and take responsibility for our valuable natural resources so that we can preserve them for the people living today and for future generations. This is not about being PERFECT, but everybody can contribute to help the environment.