The Rococo church was finished in 1781 after only four years of construction and was dedicated to Saint Martin, the Bishop of Tours, and Saint Nicholas, the Bishop of Myra.
The consecration was celebrated by the Prince-Bishop of Bressanone, the most revered Count Josef Graf Spaur. The master builder of the parish church was Thomas Sandbichler from Jenbach, the stucco was made by Georg Weber. The frescoes were painted by Matthias Rüef from Volders, a pupil of the famous Tirolean baroque painter Martin Knoller. The parish church is the landmark of Wiesing.
The last renovation was carried out in 2009/2010.