parish church Achenkirch
The parish church of John the Baptist in Achenkirch was built between 1748 and 1750 according to the plans of Jakob Singer and was consecrated on 1 August 1750 by the Prince-Bishop of Bressanone, Count Leopold Spaur. The tower with onion dome dates back to 1755. Already in 1122, a church was mentioned in records. In 1141, Bishop Hartmann of Bressanone commissioned the Benedictine monastery of St. Georgenberg with the pastoral care of the Achental in 1141.