Golden eagle walk in the Nature Park Karwendel
Spotting a majestic golden eagle soar above the mountain ridges and peaks is a thrilling experience. The elegant birds have exceptional vision which allows them to spot and focus in on a ptarmigan at a distance of three kilometres. Their special physical abilities make them excellent hunters. Visitors to Lake Achensee have the unique opportunity to view the largest population of golden eagles in the Alps.
On this full-day ranger-guided tour you will see golden eagles in their natural habitat in Austria’s largest nature park, the Nature Park Karwendel. What do golden eagles eat? Where do they build their nests? Learn interesting facts and ask the rangers everything you want to know about these amazing creatures.
Good to know
- Dates: 23.05. | 06.06. | 20.06. | 04.07. | 18.07. | 01.08.
- Cost: Participation fee is EUR 19 for adults, and EUR 7.50 for children.
- Registration & group size: Please register no later than 20.00 on the day before the tour online at the Achensee experience shop. Tours will take place only in good weather! Group size: minimum 3, maximum 12 people.
- Meeting point: Tours meet at 08.30 at the car park of the Karwendel valleys (toll booth) in Pertisau, bus stop: Pertisau Karwendeltäler.
- Essential equipment & prerequisites: Sturdy shoes (ankle-high mountain boots) and weather appropriate clothing are essential. A light backpack is also a good idea to carry telescopic hiking poles, binoculars, spotting scope, your camera, and a seat pad. This ranger-guided nature walk is moderately difficult and occurs on selected days in spring and summer. Sure-footedness and adequate fitness level required. The tour is suitable for children aged 12 years and over.
- For route details, visit our interactive map at maps.achensee.com.