Golden eagle walk in the Nature Park Karwendel
Spotting a majestic golden eagle soar above the mountain ridges and peaks is a thrilling experience. The elegant birds have exceptional vision which allows them to spot and focus in on a ptarmigan at a distance of three kilometres. Their special physical abilities make them excellent hunters. Visitors to Lake Achensee have the unique opportunity to view the largest population of golden eagles in the Alps.
On this full-day ranger-guided tour you will see golden eagles in their natural habitat in Austria’s largest nature park, the Nature Park Karwendel. What do golden eagles eat? Where do they build their nests? Learn interesting facts and ask the rangers everything you want to know about these amazing creatures.
ACHENSEE HIKING PROGRAMME
On this moderately difficult full-day tour your guide takes you to the golden eagle habitat on the Feilkopf mountain. Watch golden eagles and learn interesting facts about the kings of the sky.
Good to know
- Dates: 24 May 2022, 07 June 2022, 21 June 2022, 05 July 2022, 19 July 2022 & 02 August 2022
- Cost: Participation fee is EUR 19.00 for adults, and EUR 7.50 for children.
- Registration & group size: Please register with the Nature Park Karwendel (Anton Heufelder) by phone at +43 (664) 88446225 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Group size: minimum 3, maximum 12 people.
- Essential equipment & prerequisites: Sturdy shoes (ankle-high mountain boots) and weather appropriate clothing are essential. A light backpack is also a good idea to carry telescopic hiking poles, your camera, and a seat pad. This ranger-guided nature walk is moderately difficult and occurs on selected days in spring and summer. Sure-footedness and adequate fitness level required. The tour is suitable for children aged 12 years and over.
- For route details, visit our interactive map at maps.achensee.com.