Family tip: Wusel lake trail
Today we take the children out into the fresh air to the Wusel lake trail at lake Achensee. We leave the car at the public car park in Maurach (at the beginning of the path, next to the “Prälatenhaus”) and take a leisurely stroll to the lake. After a few minutes a large overview board will provide information about the individual stations. The children have already received the Wusel post card for the puzzle and can’t wait to discover the many play areas.
But before we start our tour from station to station we will explore the giant sun lounger on the sandy beach. While we adults enjoy the great views of the lake and the mountains, the children have started to explore. The combination of relaxation and play stretches along the entire path. The children gather more and more letters on their Wusel card and in between there are many opportunities to take a break. If all game stations are visited, the children will receive a surprise reward at the end.
- car parks are available in Maurach, panorama car park between Maurach and Achenkirch, or at Camping Schwarzenau in Achenkirch
- when you post the Wusel postcard in one of the letterboxes next to the overview boards, you will receive your surprise by mail
- the lakeside path is ideal for cycling, so the trail can also be completed by bike
- if you are walking and do not want to walk all the way back you can take the public bus from Schwarzenau or Maurach „Prälatenhaus“
- all information about the Wusel lake trail can be found here
- the Camping Schwarzenau and the kiosk (from mid-May) below the panorama car park invite for refreshments. Hand in your Wusel postcards and get your surprise right away.