Testing, touring, enjoying the powder. This is the motto of the Splitboard Festival which attracts freeriders and powder snow enthusiasts from all over Europe to Pertisau at Lake Achensee from 12 – 14 January 2018.
The splitboard weekend in Pertisau will be presented by Sport Conrad and starts the ski touring season with many highlights. The festival’s goal is to bring together all riders, whether new to the sport or experienced, and to offer a platform for splitboarding.
The event is centered around Europe’s biggest splitboard testing together with numerous outfitters and professionals, as well as touring practice. The latest splitboards, binding systems, avalanche safety gear, boots, ski touring clothing and lots of accessories will be available on-site for testing and for sale at special prices.
Another highlight will be extensive ski tour offerings, suitable for all abilities. Experienced local guides will guide the participants through pristine landscapes to spectacular summits in the surroundings. Of course the goal is to make first lines in the powder snow.
The festival weekend will be accompanied by a varied programme with several workshops on splitboarding and avalanche safety, as well as party with DJ in the evening and a movienight.
There are three different packages available. Reservations can be made under the contact form at www.splitboard-festival.de, per E-Mail to email@example.com or by telephone at +49 (8841) 9988750. Early booking recommended – the number of participants is limited.
- All inklusive Package
2 nights with half board at the ***Hotel Karlwirt in Pertisau
2.5 days splitboard testing incl. test equipment (splitboard & avalanche safety gear, poles, rucksacks, etc.)
2 days guided splitboard tours in various levels of difficulty
1 day ski pass for the skiing area Karwendel in Pertisau
Tips and tricks from professionals – splitboard manufacturers, certified guides and freeride guides
Avalanche safety gear workshop and lectures on various subjects (avalance safety gear, tour planning, meteorology, etc.)
On-site splitboard equipment sale at special prices
Use of the swimming and wellness area of the hotel
Price: EUR 299,-
- Event Package
Includes the same services as the all inclusive service, excluding accommodation and half board.
Price: EUR 179,-
- Testing Package
Extensive equipment testing (splitboard & avalanche safety gear, poles, rucksacks, etc.) on Friday, Saturday and Sunday or on all three days. A day ski pass for the skiing area Karwendel in Pertisau is included.
Price: EUR 59
- From 12.00 noon the splitboard testing area will be open at the valley station of the Karwendel-Bergbahn in Pertisau.
- Opportunity to test equipment – boards, bindings, avalanche safety gear, rucksacks, etc.
- From early afternoon check-in at the Hotel Karlwirt, distribution of festival wristbands
- Dinner at the hotel
- Followed by workshops, presentation of current splitboard equipment, bindings and the testing equipment for the weekend
Saturday will center around “testing & touring”. The participants can plan their day individually. The area at the Zwoelferkopf mountain offers ideal testing conditions. The ascent by cable car is fast, the piste is very close and the ascent tracks to the summit can be left at any time.
- After breakfast – fitting of test equipment at the testing area at the Karwendel cable car. Mountain guides, freeride guies and certified snowboard instructors will be available and inform about the perfect downhill technique, provide tips for ascending, turnings and adjusting equipment on the mountain.
- Guided tours in small groups for interested beginners and advanced riders; registration required on the previous evening
- 3.00 p.m. convivial gathering
- In the evening lecture on meteorology, avalanche and mountain safety at the hotel Karlwirt
- Live music at the hotel bar
- Sunday will center around “testing & touring”. Opportunity to test equipment like the latest split boards and avalanche rucksacks, etc.
- Certified mountain guides, freeride guides and snowboard instructors will give instructions how to use the latest avalanche safety gear and provide useful tips for the ascent and downhill ride.
- Various half-day and full-day tours in different levels of abilities will be on offer. Participants are requested to register on the previous evening.
- 4.00 p.m. festival wrap-up in a convivial atmosphere at the test area
More information and reservation details are available at www.splitboard-festival.de