Advent at Lake Achensee is a special time full of festive events: The “Seeweihnacht” with leisurely Christmas cruises on Lake Achensee, the Mountain Advent at the “Fischergut” in Pertisau, various Christmas markets offering regional delicacies and traditional handicrafts, or the Tirolean Mountain Christmas at the Sixenhof local history museum, just to name a few.
The “Fischergut”, one of the oldest farmhouses in the region, will be filled with the scent of gingerbread, cinnamon and mulled wine. Market stalls will offer homemade delicacies and traditional handicrafts from the region.
The market days will be opened with the lighting of the large Advent candles while a Christmas story is being read. While the adults take a stroll among the Christmas trees in the life-size Advent wreath, learn how to make Advent wreaths in the barn or listen to the traditional brass musicians and singers, the children are looking forward to pony riding in the snow, decorating gingerbread and writing letters to the Christ Child.
A special highlight will await our little Achensee Christmas visitors:
- Children can decorate gingerbread and there will be a designated corner where they can write letters to the Christ Child.
- There will also be pony riding in the snow.
- On 10th and 17th December from 02.00 p.m. to 04.00 p.m. sculptor Klaus Astner and his two sons will demonstrate wood carving. Children can practice their skills on a wooden Swiss stone pine board.
- 02.00 p.m. – Lighting of the Advent candles accompanied by Achensee Advent stories
- 02.00 p.m. to 06.00 p.m. – Children’s Christmas with decorating gingerbread, writing letters to the Christ child
- 02.00 p.m. to 06.00 p.m. – Pony riding in front of the Fischergut
- 02.00 p.m. t0 07.30 p.m. – Live wood carving demonstration with sculptor Klaus Astner who will create a life-size crib
- 04.00 p.m. to 06.00 p.m. – Making advent wreaths, decorating with fir branches
- 04.00 p.m. – Advent programme with nativity plays, Advent music, traditional singers, etc.
- 06.00 p.m. and 07.00 p.m. – Advent brass musicians
- Achensee handicraft
- Baking demonstration by the Adler Bakery, Achenkirch
3rd December 2017 – Arrival of Saint Nicholas!
Saint Nicholas will visit the Mountain Advent at the “Fischergut” at 04.00 p.m. All well-behaved children will receive small presents. As patron saint of sailors and boatmen, Saint Nicholas of Myra will arrive by ship in Pertisau. After the children have met him at the jetty at 04.00 p.m. they will accompany him to the “Fischergut”. Saint Nicholas will read a story to the children and hand out small presents.
10th + 17th December – Wood carving for children
Sculptor Klaus Astner and his two sons show children the art of wood carving. The children learn how to work with sculpting tool and how to work with wood. They can test their skills on a wooden Swiss stone pine board.
- 25.11. – 04.00 p.m. Singer Group Achenkirch
- 26.11. – 04.00 p.m. Singer Group Achenkirch
- 26.11. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 02.12. – 04.00 p.m. Stoaberga Klarinettenmusig
- 02.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 03.12. – 04.00 p.m. Arrival of Saint Nicholas
- 03.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 08.12. – 04.00 p.m. Stoaberga Klarinettenmusig
- 08.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 09.12. – 04.00 p.m. Brass WeST
- 09.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 10.12. – 04.00 p.m. Nativity play by the Achenkirch primary school
- 10.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 16.12. – 04.00 p.m. Nativity play by the Maurach primary school
- 16.12. – afterwards traditional Achensee singers (Anklöpfler)
- 16.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 17.12. – 04.00 p.m. Nativity play by the Pertisau primary school
- 17.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- 23.12. – 04.00 p.m. Die Lärchenwiesler
- 23.12. – 06.00 p.m. & 07.00 p.m. Tirolean Brass Musicians
- Sat 25th/Sun 26th November – 01.30 p.m. to 07.30 p.m.
- Sat 2nd/Sun 03rd December – 01.30 p.m. to 07.30 p.m.
- Fr 8th/Sat 09th/ Sun 10th December – 01.30 p.m. to 07.30 p.m.
- Sat 16th/So 17th December – 01.30 p.m. to 07.30 p.m.
- Sat 23rd December – 01.30 p.m. to 07.30 p.m.
Prior to the Mountain Advent, visitors can enjoy the Seeweihnacht – Christmas on the lake – on board the MS Stadt Innsbruck. The ship will present a swimming Christmas market with Christmas cookies, mulled wine and Advent music. The decoration is done by captain Daniela Neuhauser.
On Advent Saturdays visitors can enjoy the event “Weihnachten wia friaga” – a traditional Christmas journey on board the flagship MS Tirol, featuring Christmas chamber music from the band “Tanzig”. The six musicians from various parts of Tirol will play a unique mix of innovative and traditional folk music. The schedule is adjusted to the opening times of the Mountain Advent. More information and prices are available at www.tirol-schiffahrt.at.
Anyone who is interested in regional traditions can visit the „Tiroler Bergweihnacht“ – Mountain Christmas – at the Sixenhof museum of local history in Achenkirch. Visitors can view a nativity scene with live animals accompanied by a Christmas story. After the event the guests can enjoy a special bread from the local bakery. The admission fee covers also a visit of the 14 showrooms of the local history museum. The former bedroom of the farmers will present a traditionally decorated Christmas tree and one of the oldest nativity scenes of the Achental. More information is available at www.sixenhof.at
The Achensee Museum World in Maurach will celebrate the Museumsweihnacht: Every year on 8th December starting at 12.00 noon. There will be market stalls with Christmas gifts, traditional delicacies and music. The special feature: during the Christmas market hours visitors can stroll through the many showrooms on 8,000 square metres and learn about historical technique and the way people live and work in the Alpine region. Visitors can marvel at an old Tirolean carpenter’s workshop, about 500 handmade dolls and the stern of a 120 year-old Achensee steamer with a functioning motor. More information at www.achenseer-museumswelt.at