Karwendelmarsch Trail Running Camp
Athletes require an extensive training for the 52-kilometre-long route of the Karwendelmarsch. The Trail Running Camp from 21st June to 24 June 2018 offers the perfect opportunity to train for the big event. The training venue will be the route of the Karwendelmarsch in the stunning scenery of the Nature Park Karwendel.
The Trail Running Camp at Lake Achensee is the perfect sporting challenge to find out whether you are fit to conquer the 52-kilometre distance of the Karwendelmarsch from Scharnitz to Pertisau. Markus Reich, Karwendelmarsch winner of the 2012 running competition, will run the camp together with sportalpen.com. He will provide valuable tips and tricks for trail running, which will certainly make the preparation easier. In addition, participants can test the latest products in the trail running sector from the sports outfitter DYNAFIT. The starting fee for the Karwendelmarsch on 25th August 2018 is included in the package.
Thursday, 21st June
- Until 1.00 p.m. – Arrival and check in at Hotel Zillertaler Hof in Achenkirch
- From 1.30 p.m. – Round of introductions, presentation Karwendelmarsch
- Approx. 2.30 p.m. – Tips and tricks for Karwendelmarsch runners
- Approx. 3.30 p.m. – DYNAFIT trail running presentation
- Approx. 4.00 p.m. – Group run including product testing (e.g. at the Gaisalmsteig trail alongside the lake, distance approx. 10 km, elevation change 200 metres)
- From 6.30 p.m. – Dinner at Hotel Zillertaler Hof
Friday, 22nd June – Karwendelmarsch Stage 1
- Breakfast in the morning
- From 9.30 a.m. – Shuttle to Scharnitz to the starting point of the Karwendelmarsch
- Run into the Eng to the “Grosse Ahornboden” (distance 35km / 1200m elevation change)
- Overnight stay at the mountain hut Engalm
- Rest of the day can be spent at leisure & convivial evening
Saturday, 23rd June – Karwendelmarsch Stage 2
- Breakfast in the morning
- From 9.00 a.m. – Run to Pertisau (distance 18km / 1200m elevation change)
- Shuttle from Pertisau back to Hotel Zillertaler Hof in Achenkirch. As an option, athletes can continue the run to the hotel (along the Gaisalmsteig trail, approx. 10 km)
- Afternoon can be spent at leisure, wellness at hotel available
- 6.30 p.m. – Dinner at Hotel Zillertaler Hof
Sunday, 24th June
- 7.00 a.m. – Easy group run, e.g. panorama route Achenkirch, distance approx. 13km
- Individual departure
The price for the Trail Running Camp is EUR 495 incl. overnight stay with half board at ****Hotel Zillertaler Hof in Achenkirch (2 nights) and at the Engalm (1 night). Participation without overnight stay is available at a package price of EUR 285.
The package includes the following:
- 4 days training programme
- Lectures & DYNAFIT product tests
- Starter package
- Starting fee Karwendelmarsch 2018
- Photos & shuttle service
- Wellness & recreation
The Trail Running Camp at Lake Achensee is suitable for trail runners and fell runners.
Please register directly online at sportalpen.com.