Achensee MTB Festival
On 9th and 10th June 2018, the village Achenkirch will be the venue for the Achensee MTB Festival. There will be numerous competitions for bike enthusiasts of all ages and abilities, ranging from an MTB marathon to bike races for children. In addition, outfitters, partners and sponsors will present the latest in mountain bike equipment.
The organizer flowmotion has chosen the Achensee region as a venue for the MTB Festival due to its extensive trail network. 250 kilometres signposted trails lead through the mountains and along the lakeshore, offering something for every level of mountain bike rider. Focal point of the two-day bike event will be the MTB and E-MTB marathon on Saturday, starting at 09.00 o’clock. Bikers can choose among distances ranging from 31.5 to 96.5 kilometres, conquering elevation changes from 766 to 3,470 metres. Other highlights will be a mountain sprint race for MTB and E-MTB, an uphill contest, a kid’s bike cup as well as a balance bike competition for small bikers. The MTB Festival is part of the Ritchey Mountainbike Challenge.
- 4.00 p.m. – 8.00 p.m. Accreditation and opportunity for late registration for the MTB marathon
- From 6.00 a.m. Accreditation and opportunity for late registration for the MTB marathon up to 60 minutes before start of the respective distance
- 6.00 a.m. – 09.00 a.m. Breakfast on the festival area
- 9.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m. Bike Expo – outfitters, partners and sponsors inform about the lastest in bike equipment.
- 9.00 a.m. – 10.30 a.m. Start of the MTB Marathon, distances A, B, C, D and E-MTB Marathon. The tours vary in distance and level of difficulty.
Distance A – 31.5km and 776m elevation change
Distance B – 55.5km and 1,430m elevation change
Distance C – 60.5km and 1,850m elevation change
Distance D – 77.1km and 2,370m elevation change
Distance E – 96.5km and 3,470m elevation change
- 5.00 p.m. Finishing line closes
- 5.15 p.m. Award ceremony
- 6.00 p.m. riders night for all Marathon bikers
- 10.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Bike Expo – outfitters, partners and sponsors inform about the lastest in bike equipment.
- 10.00 a.m. – 1.30 p.m. Accreditation and late Registration for the Balance bike competition
- 10.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. Accreditation and late registration for the kid’s cup
- 2.00 p.m. Start of the balance bike competition, for 3 or 4 year old bikers.
The little bikers complete an easy 250-metre circuit near the festival area.
- 2.30 p.m. Start of the kid’s and junior cup. The children and junior bikers complete a 1.3 kilometre circuit. Suitable for children from 5 years.
- 4.00 p.m. Start of the uphill contest. The participants complete a 70-metre trail with up to 25% gradient near the Annakirchl church in Achenkirch.
- 5.00 p.m. End of MTB Festival Achensee 2018
More information about the Bike Festival Achensee is available at www.mtb-festival.at.