Achensee MTB Festival
On 25th and 26th May 2019, the village Achenkirch will was venue for the Achensee MTB Festival. From MTB marathon (long, medium, short distance), E-MTB Genuss – tour to the children’s cycling competition, there was the right competition for everyone. Exhibitors, partners and sponsors informed at the Expo-area about the latest news on bikesports! All results of the MTB-Festival Achensee 2019 can be found below!
Please note: Due to the snow conditions on elevations above 1,200 meters, the organizers have decided to adapt the routes for the different marathon distances. The long and medium distances, routes B and C, will be shortened. The short distance of 28 kilometres will be similar with a little more elevation gain and the same length. There will be no changes for participants of the eMTB pleasure tour, the MTB fun rally and technique courses. Young riders can look forward to a popular circuit in the start/finish area on Saturday. Late registration for the competitions is possible until one hour before the start.
The organizer flowmotion has chosen the Achensee region as a venue for the MTB Festival due to its extensive trail network. 250 kilometres signposted trails lead through the mountains and along the lakeshore, offering something for every level of mountain bike rider. Focal point of the two-day bike event will be the MTB marathon on Sunday, starting at 09.00 a.m. Bikers can choose among distances ranging from 28 to 82 kilometres, conquering elevation changes from 700 to 2,600 metres. Other highlights will be a kid’s bike cup, an eMTB pleasure tour as well as a MTB fun rally and new the special Gravel-Kini Rennen. The MTB Festival is part of the Ritchey Mountainbike Challenge.
- 10.00 a.m. – 07.00 p.m. Accreditation and opportunity for late registration for the MTB marathon, Kids cup and Balance bike competition
- 10.00 a.m. – 07.00 p.m. Bike Expo – outfitters, partners and sponsors inform about the lastest in bike equipment.
- 11.00 a.m. – 06.00 p.m. eMTB pleasure tour, 28km and 850m elevation change
- 11.30 a.m. – 06.00 p.m. Gravel-Kini competition
- 01.30 p.m. – 02.00 p.m. Balance bike competition for 4 and 5 year old bikers, 250m circuit
- 02.00 p.m. – 03.00 p.m. Kids cup for 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 year old bikers, 1.5km circuit with special obstacles
- 03.15 p.m. – 03.45 p.m. award ceremony Kids cup and Balance bike
- 05.00 p.m. – 09.00 p.m. pasta party
- 07.00 p.m. award ceremony Gravl-Kini
- 06.00 a.m. – 09.00 a.m. Accreditation and opportunity for late registration for the MTB marathon
- 10.00 a.m. – 06.00 p.m. Bike Expo – outfitters, partners and sponsors inform about the lastest in bike equipment.
- 06.00 a.m. – 09.00 a.m. Breakfast on the festival area for all Marathon athletes
- 09.00 a.m. Start of the MTB marathon – long distance, NEW: 59,4km and 1,9782m elevation change
- 09.30 am. Start of the MTB marathon – medium distance, NEW: 44,5km and 1,397m elevation change
- 10.00 a.m. Start of the MTB marahton – short distance, NEW: 28km and 751m elevation change
- 10.05 a.m. Start of the MTB fun rallye
- 11.00 a.m. – 04.00 p.m. finish of the MTB marathon athletes
- 11.30 a.m. award ceremony MTB marathon short distance
- 12.00 a.m. award ceremony MTB marathon medium distance
- 01.00 p.m. award ceremony long distance
- 02.30 p.m. award ceremony of all MTB marathon distances and MTB fun rallye
- 06.00 p.m. End of MTB Festival Achensee 2019
Registration for all competitions of the MTB Festival is possible at www.mtb-festival.at.