Sunrise tour to the Astenau Alpe
What is a good way to start the day? Everybody has different habits and morning motivation rituals, but sometimes it’s hard to get going. Maybe a mountain tour will kick-start your day? Our tip: The sunrise tour to the Astenau Alpe (1,483m) in the Rofan mountains.
Equipped with the essentials and wearing a headlamp, you set off early. The sunrise tour starts in Eben am Achensee and follows a steep path that affords beautiful views of the Tirolean Inntal valley as it climbs to the forest treeline. Once you have reached your destination, you soak up the beauty of the sunrise. The red fireball rises slowly, and the spectacular light bathes everything in a beautiful, golden hue. This experience is guaranteed to leave you awestruck and blissfully happy, and certainly hungry. Time to refuel with a hearty mountain breakfast at the Astenau Alpe (1,483m) where you are rewarded with breathtaking vistas of the Karwendel, the Kaiser mountains, the Zillertal Alps, the Stubai Glacier, and the Tiroler Inntal valley.
Good to know
- Dates: The sunrise walks occur every Wednesday from 1 June to 26 October 2022
- Cost: Participation is free for all visitors with a valid AchenseeCard (visitor card). Without AchenseeCard the fee is EUR 29.00 per person. Cost for the breakfast is not included.
- Registration & group size: Pre-booking is required at the latest by 17.30 on the previous day. Please book your spot online at the Achensee experience shop or by phone at +43 5 95300-0. Group size: maximum 15 people.
- Packing list & prerequisites: Torch or headlamp, sturdy shoes (ankle-high mountain boots) and weather appropriate clothing are essential. The sunrise tour to the Astenau Alpe is a guided, moderately difficult tour. Sure-footedness and an adequate fitness level are required.
- Route description: View our interactive map for route details.