Achensee Ski Tour Camp
At the Achensee Ski Touring Camp, mountain & ski guides explain in safety training sessions how to behave correctly on the mountain - not only in emergency situations. Learn how to assess the terrain and how to use avalanche safety gear.
Please note that all sessions will be in German (advanced level).
- Start at 8.30 a.m. at the event centre in Maurach
- Introduction mountain guides & product introduction
- Distribution of test equipment (avalanche beacon, shovel, probe, ski)
- Guided ski tour in the terrain (Rofan mountains) according to skill level, with tips from certified mountain & ski guides
- Completion of the new training track in the Rofan mountains incl. emergency training and safety sessions in the terrain
- Group dinner at the Erfurter Hütte mountain hut
- Avalanche awareness lecture in the evening
- From 7.30 a.m. breakfast at the Erfurter Hütte mountain hut
- Tour planning together with certified mountain guides – information, tips, how to read maps
- Additional equipment tests and short practice sessions (Rofan mountains), combined with a guided ski tour and conquering a summit
Participants will receive the detailed schedule and packing list by email before the camp. The schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions. The programme is subject to change based on weather conditions.
Overnight stay at the "Erfurter Huette" mountain hut with half board, test equipment (avalanche beacon, shovel, probe), test SKI Völkl, one round trips with the Rofan cable car, small groups with state-certified mountain and ski guides, goodie bag, photos of the participants, avalanche lecture
Provisions (snacks, drinks) during the tours or stop at the hut, drinks in the accommodation
Ski tour equipment (ski, boots, ski poles and appropriate clothing), set of clothes for ski tour and utensils for overnight stay (sleeping bag, slipper-socks, etc.), rucksack, sun protection, ski goggles, sunglasses
Advanced alpine skiing ability is required for participation, as every skier MUST be able to ski downhill safely. The division into skill groups beginner, intermediate, etc. is based on the experience level of ski touring and not other sports (e.g. fell running). If you have never done a ski tour, you are a beginner.
The programme is subject to change based on weather conditions.Every participant must agree to the following conditions: Liability exclusion and the Austrian General Terms and Conditions for the Hotel Industry.
The event will be carried out in compliance with the current COVID-19 measures. More information on our website achensee.com